QA Tester | Manual Software Tester – Full-time
Come join Australia’s most exciting technology startup and build the future of the healthcare workforce with us.
Are you looking for your next challenge? Keen to join a growing and innovative health-rec-tech startup as we prepare to dominate the healthcare recruitment technology space during an extremely exciting and rapid period of growth? We’re looking for someone with at least 1-year of full-time equivalent, genuine manual software testing experience with customer-facing web applications.
ABOUT THE ROLE: We’re looking for someone to take ownership of testing under the direction of our Product Manager and Lead Developer. You will perform all aspects of product testing including manual Functional, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Usability, System and Integration.
You will learn our app inside and out. You’ll test processes and interrogate our mobile app and web-based platform so that we know our code is flawless when new releases of our super cool tech go live.
You’ll establish, document and execute test cases, reports, plans and results to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested. You’ll ensure the software meets defined functional specifications.
You’ll review and analyse results, identify where faults or bugs occur, gain oversight into the reasons for return-to-fix and work with our amazing product manager and developers to address any issues.
You’ll develop and maintain our defect register to record defects, and then analyse test results against software releases. You’ll manage the bug reporting process, working closely with the business to gather details of customer reported bugs, test bugs to try to isolate the problem, assign to the appropriate developers, and test once fixed.
● Strong troubleshooting skills
● Excellent attention to detail
● Good knowledge of Cross Browser and Device Testing
● Strong verbal and written English communication and a demonstrated ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
● Able to identify and troubleshoot bugs/errors as soon as they arise
● Confident in owning a process and identifying ways to continuously improve existing processes
● Proficient in writing detailed documentation of testing processes and reporting findings
Experience in a start-up going through scale-up is a bonus
OUR STACK AND TOOLS WE USE:
We don’t expect you to know how to use the following, but it’s a bonus if you can:
Our stack comprises of React.js (Frontend)| React Native | Node.js (Backend) | Typescript | AWS | MongoDB | OneSignal | Sendgrid | Atlassian (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence) | Smartlook | Stripe API We work on Macs so you’re ok with MacOS | Ontraport | Excel/GoogleSheets | Word/GoogleDocs | Powerpoint/GoogleSlides | Trello | Canva | Slack | FreshDesk | LiveChat | WordPress | Squarespace | Google Analytics, and of course, our proprietary (and very clever) tech.
You don’t miss a beat when it comes to escalating and resolving critical issues.
Project planning and time management is a strength, and you never miss a deadline.
You’re comfortable working in sprints.
You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with others in the team.
You’re not afraid to dive in to get the job done, whatever that job may be at that time and you’re good at working in a fast-paced environment.
● Will have an insatiable desire to see uPaged succeed and continually improve
● Ask lots of questions and challenge the status quo
● Have an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and positivity
● Are willing to learn new software and programs as well as research and introduce new solutions to improve our tech
● Thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity
● Find creative problem-solving, fulfilling and challenging
● Are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and eager to learn, even if that means self-paced and self-initiated learning
● Adapt quickly to changing priorities and user and customer needs
● Have a clear, warm, professional, engaging and informative style
● Use your initiative rather than waiting for instruction
● Have a willingness to assist and guide other engineers within the domain of testing
We’re shaking up the way nurses, doctors and allied healthcare workers source work opportunities perfectly matched to their needs, and how hospitals and healthcare facilities fill gaps in their workforce.
uPaged is the first online marketplace of its kind in the world, connecting the healthcare workforce in a more informed and meaningful way. Some call it HealthRecTech (aka Healthcare Recruitment Tech) but it’s a marketplace – we liken it to Amazon (think marketplace); Uber (for its convenience), and Hinge (for its informed decision-making) in a mash-up with TripAdvisor (for its feedback loop of 2-way ratings and testimonials). We call it uPaged because, in healthcare, you only page the specialists. We enjoy working alongside a fun and awesome crew of talented, highly self-motivated and driven humans, who share a passion for technology and shaping the future of healthcare service delivery.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Work from Home: This role is for a Philippines-based candidate.
Working hours: Our usual business hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm (AEDT) Monday to Friday. We have daily team stand-ups at 9:00 am Monday, 10:30 am Tuesday to Thursday, and on Friday at lunchtime that aren’t negotiable.
WHAT YOU NEED: a) access to a mobile device that you can test on (Android or iOS, but if you have both this is preferred)
b) you must have a stable fixed broadband internet service – sorry, hot-spotting off a mobile device will not work in this role
c) your own computer / laptop
d) a private space that you can work from, where you can work uninterrupted during the day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply here: https://forms.gle/UzLaYUnDdrH74Nbk9 AND, email your resume to Charlotte – charlotte@uPaged.com
Want to really win us over? Send us a cover letter and tell us what your superpower is and why you think you’d be a good fit for uPaged.