Marketing Communications Assistant
Come build the future of healthcare with us
Are you all about exceptional marketing and communications and engaging users and customers with clever copy? Do you want a challenging role that allows you to take a lead on creating brilliant content for our users (healthcare talent) and customers (healthcare organisations)? Are you bursting with ideas about how to do things better when it comes to marketing and communications, and using technology to help get you there? Keen to join a growing and innovative health-rec-tech startup? If so, we have the perfect job for you.
We’re shaking up the way nurses, doctors and allied healthcare workers source work opportunities perfectly matched to their needs, and how hospitals and healthcare facilities fill gaps in their workforce.
uPaged is the first online marketplace of its kind in the world, connecting the healthcare workforce in a more informed and meaningful way
Some call it HealthRecTech (aka: Healthcare Recruitment Tech) but it’s a marketplace – we think of it as Amazon (think marketplace), Uber (for its convenience) and Hinge (for its informed decision-making) in a mash-up with TripAdvisor (for its feedback loop of 2-way ratings and testimonials).
We call it uPaged, because in healthcare, you only page the specialists
We enjoy working alongside a fun and awesome crew of talented, highly self-motivated and driven humans, who share a passion for technology and shaping the future of healthcare service delivery.
ABOUT THE ROLE: Your mission is to help grow our presence with engaging, relevant, and clever content for social media, long-form blogs on our website, landing pages, lead magnets, EDMs and monthly newsletters so that our brand and image is boosted, and so that we attract, convert and retain more users and customers. Sounds fun, right? It is!
You’ll be creating content for both sides of our marketplace, which serves healthcare organisations (B2B) (our paying customers), and healthcare workers (B2C) (our users).
You’ll work closely with another Marketing Team Member, as well as others across the team to manage and develop our content calendar, help with content strategy, and in time, you’ll step in to respond to incoming enquiries via Live Chat, within our community, and our social media channels.
Your remit will cover 4 main tasks, and support the founder as required:
1) Content Creation: (60% of the role) you’ll come up with great ideas about how to better what we already do. You’re all over SEO-enhanced copy as you’ll be writing for our blog, sales pages, landing pages (WordPress); social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn); and you love getting creative with graphics, imagery, and/or videos (Canva). You’ll help write, design and create B2B and B2C collateral (presentations, flyers) to support our Business Development and Customer Success efforts.
2) Content Distribution: (10% of the role)we’re talking daily social media posts (native posting and/or scheduled); ad hoc email communications and weekly EDMs, monthly newsletters, and annual reviews via our CRM (Ontraport)
3) SEO: (15% of the role) you’ll be able to build SEO into our soon-to-be relaunched WordPress website. You’ll help devise, plan and implement SEO strategies. You’ll be able to conduct competitor analysis, as well as index and benchmark. You will work on link building and outreach and your insight into this will contribute to UX, UI and conversions.
4) Analytics / Analysis: (15% of the role). You’ll collect customer data and analyse interactions and visits, and use this information to improve future marketing strategy and campaigns (Google and other analytics tools eg: DiiB).
TOOLS WE USE:
We don’t expect you to be able to use all of these already, but it’s a bonus if you do.
We work on Macs so you’re ok with iOS | Ontraport | Excel/GoogleSheets | Word/GoogleDocs | Powerpoint/GoogleSlides | Sendgrid | Trello | Canva | Slack | Zendesk | FreshDesk | LiveChat | Facebook Business | WordPress | Squarespace | DiiB | Google Analytics | Confluence | Jira | and of course, our proprietary (and very clever) tech.
Marketing and communications are your superpowers and content creation is your thing.
Like the rest of our people at uPaged, you’ll have:
- an insatiable curiosity about the effectiveness of what is being posted and its engagement, and seek to continually improve upon it.
- an appetite for new and current events, and creating topical content.
- an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and positivity.
- a clear, warm, professional, engaging and informative communication style.
- can read the (digital) room really well and pick up on the genuine vibe within our community and other groups to help inform content.
- are willing to learn new software and programs as well as research and introduce new solutions to improve our marketing and communications.
- thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity.
- find creative problem-solving fulfilling and challenging.
- are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and eager to learn, even if that means self-paced and self-initiated learning.
- adapt quickly to changing priorities and user and customer needs.
- like to use your initiative rather than wait for instruction.
We’re looking for a person who has:
- a minimum of 12 months full-time equivalent of marketing and communications experience or you can provide us with a portfolio of your work that demonstrates your expeirence.
- an undergraduate degree
- 12+ months experience using Google Analytics
- 12+ months experience with SEO and WordPress websites
- 12+ months experience in writing SEO-enhanced copy – blog posts, webpages, EDMs, social media posts, newsletters, presentations, newsletters etc.
Healthcare/Nursing/Medical experience is preferable but it’s not a deal-breaker if you don’t have it.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Salary: $50K-$80K dependent on experience. Generous ESOP scheme after a qualifying period.
Hours: 9:00 am to ~5:30 pm Monday to Friday with a level of flexibility after a probationary period, although our 9:00 am team standup isn’t negotiable.
Hybrid Work Environment: This is a location-based role so you must be able to pop into our office when needed (usually once or twice a week). Our office is part of a rather groovy and thriving co-working hub in Surry Hills, and we work from home around business needs.
Tools: We’ll set you up with the tech (MacBook) and tools you need to do your job in the office and remotely.
GOT ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU APPLY?
We’re happy to help. For an informal chat call Catriona on 0450 892 167 between 10:00 and 6:00 pm Monday to Friday.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume and write us a great cover letter telling us all about you – send it to Catriona – catriona@uPaged.com
Want to really win us over? Tell us what your superpower is in your cover letter and why you think you’d be a good fit for uPaged.
To find out more about how we hire, visit our careers page: https://www.upaged.com/work-with-us
PLEASE NOTE: You must have full Australian Work Rights. We do not offer sponsorship or relocation for this role. This is a work-from-home and office-based role, and it is our expectation that you will work in the office until the completion of your onboarding period.