Don’t let the job title deceive you – this is something else altogether that we’ve created so it’s perfectly matched to our business needs
Are numbers your thing? Are you a data wrangler? Are you all about the facts and figures and digging deep to identify trends and extract insights to inform business decisions? Do you want a challenging role that allows you to take a lead on getting under the skin of our business, determining where the data will come from and extracting it so that each business area can make key decisions about our users (healthcare talent) and customers (healthcare organisations), and business strategy? Are you bursting with ideas about how to do things better when it comes to business intelligence and using technology to help get you there? Keen to join a growing and innovative health-rec-tech startup? If so, we have the perfect job for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE: Your mission is to establish and then own the data analysis and business intelligence function for the business. This is a newly created hybrid role that combines data analysis and business intelligence functions and tasks – you’ll be determining where we gather information from, establishing the processes for extracting the data, and then reporting on that data in a timely manner.
The core of what you do will be building our ‘data lake’ and then working with team members to determine the schema required for each business function, to ensure we have the data and intelligence we need so we can outpace the competition, identify new opportunities, and avoid costly errors.
You’ll be working to deliver genuine insights for both sides of our marketplace, which serves healthcare organisations (B2B) (our paying customers), and healthcare workers (B2C) (our users).
You’ll work closely with subject matter experts from each business area (Finance, IT, Marketing, Product, Customer Success, Business Development and Operations) to establish what their data and business intelligence needs are, and support the founder as required.
You’ll be starting from zero to establish the volume, variety, veracity, velocity, visualisation and value points for the business.
- Determine priorities for the collection, review and reporting of data required for each business function
- Establish the what, how and when of the data we need and how it will be reported
- Gather, review, critically evaluate, validate, organise and create great reports and/or dashboards and/or visualisations required for each business area
- Create dashboards and nalyse data to find answers to specific questions from each business area and identify patterns and trends
- Identify, track, and report on key measurements of success in product deployments to monitor the impact of features released to the market
- Profile the landscape we are disrupting and develop our competitor analysis
- Conduct data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Plan and build customer-facing dashboards for reporting to our customers about their usage, costs, and more
- You’ll work with the founder to provide brilliant data and insights to support our future capital raises
TOOLS WE USE:
We work on Macs so you’re ok with iOS | Ontraport | Excel/GoogleSheets | Word/GoogleDocs | Powerpoint/GoogleSlides | Trello | Canva | Slack | Zendesk | FreshDesk | LiveChat | Facebook Business | WordPress | Squarespace | Google Analytics | Confluence | Jira | Smartlook | and of course, our proprietary (and very clever) tech.
Our stack comprises React | React Native | Node.js | AWS | MongoDB | OneSignal | Sendgrid among others.
You’ll likely be a master of PowerBI and Tableau but as this role is a first, we’re happy for you to take a lead on the tools you need to do your job.
ABOUT YOU: Analysis is your superpower and data is your thing. You’re commercially aware and always have an eye on the big picture, and like to connect the dots across the business.
You’ll have a minimum of 1 year of full-time equivalent work experience, preferably gained in a corporate environment. Our ideal applicant can add value to the team with the experience or skills we don’t already have. We need someone who won’t just validate what we already know, or just tell us what we want to hear, but someone who can challenge us and uncover what don’t we know, that we don’t know.
- Have an insatiable desire to see businesses succeed and continually improve
- Love report writing
- Ask lots of questions and challenge the status quo
- Have an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and positivity
- Are willing to learn new software and programs as well as research and introduce new solutions to improve the way our business operates
- Thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Find creative problem-solving, fulfilling and challenging
- Are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and eager to learn, even if that means self-paced and self-initiated learning
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and user and customer needs
- Have a clear, warm, professional, engaging and informative style
- Use your initiative rather than waiting for instruction
Healthcare/Nursing/Medical experience is preferable but it’s not a deal-breaker if you don’t have it.
ABOUT US: We’re shaking up the way nurses, doctors and allied healthcare workers source work opportunities perfectly matched to their needs, and how hospitals and healthcare facilities fill gaps in their workforce.
uPaged is the first online marketplace of its kind in the world, connecting the healthcare workforce in a more informed and meaningful way
Some call it HealthRecTech (aka: Healthcare Recruitment Tech) but it’s a marketplace – we liken it to Amazon (think marketplace); Uber (for its convenience), and Hinge (for its informed decision-making) in a mash-up with TripAdvisor (for its feedback loop of 2-way ratings and testimonials).
We call it uPaged because, in healthcare, you only page the specialists.
We enjoy working alongside a fun and awesome crew of talented, highly self-motivated and driven humans, who share a passion for technology and shaping the future of healthcare service delivery.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Employee Stock Ownership Plan: Generous ESOP scheme after a qualifying period.
Hybrid Work Environment: While our preference is for a Sydney-based candidate so you can pop into our office when needed (usually once or twice a week), we also work from home around business needs.
Flexibility: Our usual business hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday and we have daily team standups at 9:00 am Monday to Thursday and on Friday at lunchtime that isn’t negotiable, however, all requests for a level of flexibility outside of these hours will be considered after a probationary period.
Career Development and Training: Grow with us and find your future roles within our team. Multiple opportunities to build your experience and learn new skills on the job and/or through formal and informal hard and soft skills training.
Tools: We’ll set you up with the tech and tools you need to do your job in the office and remotely.
Need to know: We’re vaccinated. It’s our expectation that new joiners to our team are too.
GOT ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU APPLY? We’re happy to help. For an informal chat call Catriona on 0450 892 167 between 10:00 and 6:00 pm Monday to Friday.
HOW TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to Catriona – catriona@uPaged.com Want to really win us over? Tell us what your superpower is in your cover letter and why you think you’d be a good fit for uPaged.