We’re committed to acting in a manner that positively benefits and contributes to the welfare of Australian society and the environment.
Saving public healthcare funds
The health and wellbeing of our people
Meaningful, respectful, well-compensated opportunities for healthcare talent
A smaller environmental footprint on the earth
Improved patient outcomes
Opportunities for women in STEM, nurse career changers, minority and under-represented groups
We do this by
- Encouraging healthcare providers to use uPaged – it was created to serve the Australian public healthcare system, and financial modelling has shown that uPaged can save Australian healthcare budgets $1BN over the next decade.
- Providing work experience opportunities and job application-ready career documents and career advice and support to women career changers, women in STEM, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and women whose interests lie in technology.
- Direct cash contributions, gift-in-kind donations, donations, employee fundraising, and volunteering.
- Creating cause-related marketing and campaigns and donations for initiatives linked to our Founders background, such as support for BlazeAid, the volunteer organisation that supports rural families in times of natural disaster.
- Recognising that not every applicant has the job seeker skills needed to achieve their dream career, so we conduct name-blind recruitment and are committed to interview every applicant, irrespective of qualifications and skills.
- Sourcing first from Australian and indigenous businesses and those of the Gadigal of the Eora Nation – the Traditional Custodians of the extraordinary land that uPaged operates upon.
- Using small to medium enterprises to supply and deliver goods and services to uPaged.
- We always consider new ways of doing business to support a transition to low-carbon and circular economies.
- Given that our office creates our greatest single environmental impact, uPaged made a commitment to locate our global HQ in Sydney in a shared co-working space where we aim to continually improve our performance by ensuring that any carbon emissions and other negative environmental impacts are reduced as much as possible. The collaboration of ecological and environmental initiatives within uPaged HQ includes natural ventilation, rainwater harvesting, solar panels, passive energy solutions, recycled timbers and optimum temperature control options.
- We don’t provide promotional merchandise to our staff, customers or suppliers. Merch rarely makes the impact we’d all like to think it does, so instead, we uPaged staff get issued with a team T-shirt to wear to work and to public events that we attend. Australians discard close to 800,000 tonnes of clothing and textiles each year, a rate of 15 tonnes every 10 minutes – and we just don’t want to contribute to that in any way if we can avoid it.
- Ensuring our own people have career pathways that will enable them to pursue meaningful engagements with ongoing career development, goal setting, opportunities for sabbatical and training.
- Encouraging our people to make informed and responsible decisions regarding their own health and wellbeing by providing access to ongoing education and offers for support through our Employee Portal.
- Proving a safe and supportive workplace for our people with weekly personal goal setting.
- Flexible working arrangements facilitate work-life balance for our people.
- We seek to engage and energise our people, supporting them to reach their full potential. We value gathering and acting on our peoples’ insights because we recognise the strong link between high levels of engagement and attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who are critical to adding value to and delivering our business strategy.