Nurse Triage Telehealth Lines
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED – TO BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THESE OPPORTUNITIES IN FUTURE, REGISTER AT
AND COMPLETE YOUR NURSE PROFILE
Help us help Australians through the ‘flu season.
- You must be an RN2 and above (ie: you have at least 1 year of full-time equivalent experience (FTE) gained as a registered nurse.
- You DO NOT need to be be fully vaccinated for this role.
- You cannot already be working on a telehealth with Medibank or any other provider. Furthermore, if you are already working with Medibank, we cannot transfer you from one line to another.
- There are some very specific tech requirements for this role – please see below. You must be able to BYOD (bring your own device). This means you use you own laptop/desktop computer.
- If you do not have an active landline telephone, you can use VOIP as an alternative.
- You must be able to work at least 5 shifts per fortnight, and a combination of weekdays and weekends.
The casual hourly pay rate is $50.00 per hour plus loading plus Super. (eg: Saturday rate is $75 ph plus Super; Sunday rate is $87.50 plus Super). Rate is for all years levels.
You do not need to be vaccinated because this is a remote role.
TYPE OF WORK
This is a contract role.
Telehealth advisory work via computer. You will be talking on the phone, reading from scripts on your computer, and entering data at the same time.
The contract will finish on 31 October 2022
- Tuesday 14 June 2022 – NOW CLOSED
- Monday 27 June 2022 – NOW CLOSED
- Monday 11 July 2022 – NOW CLOSED
You must be available from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm AEST each day of your first week.
SHIFTS & HOURS
24 hours a day.
7 days a week
Rosters will be organised AFTER training has been completed.
You must be able to work a minimum of 2 shifts per week and 5 shifts per fortnight.
You must be able to work a mixture of weekdays and weekends, as well as afternoons and nights.
Work from home, anywhere in Australia.
You must have a private area you can work in, where you will not be interrupted.
You will need to be available full-time for the first week after starting so that you can complete training.
Training is fully paid.
Training will start at 8:30 am on your first day and you will need to be available until 4:30 pm for the entire first week.
Training will be conducted remotely.
Training will be conducted during AEST hours.
You must pass your training, 20 safe calls and precepting in order to continue with the contract.
TECHNOLOGY YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE
- You must be able to BYOD (bring your own device). This means you use you own laptop/desktop computer.
- Your computer has Windows 10 or Windows for Mac.
- You must have a stable internet connection. You must have an ASDL, NBN or Cable internet connection. NO SATELLITE. Your modem must be located in the room you are planning on working in and you must be able to connect directly to your modem. You cannot use WiFI or roaming or hotspot off your phone.
- Ideally, you have a mobile phone or landline to take calls, however, you can use VOIP. (voice over the internet) as an alternative
You MUST be an RN2 with an absolute minimum of 12 months FTE experience
You must have full, unrestricted Australian work rights
You can be located anywhere in Australia.
You must be AHPRA-registered.
You MUST NOT have ANY notations, conditions, reprimands or undertakings against your AHPRA registration.
You can provide evidence of your work experience and you have a full and comprehensive resume that clearly details the months and years of your employment. Any career gaps must be accounted for.
NEED TO KNOW
Those with full-time availability for the duration of the contract will have their applications prioritised.
Those with Emergency Department and Paediatric experience will be highly regarded and those with this experience will also be prioritised.
Priority will then be given to applicants who have 4 days, 3, days availability per week etc.
This is a 3-stage application process.
1) Complete the steps required by uPaged (complete the form via the link below and sign up for a uPaged profile. You must detail ALL your work experience including Months and Years; if you were full-time, part-time or casual, and if so, how many hours per week or fortnight your worked.
2) uPaged will interview you. Please be prepared to answer behavioural questions and cite specific examples about your work experience. An inability to be able to discuss your clinical experience will prevent your application from progressing.
3) Medibank will interview you again.
READY AND COMMITTED?
You know us – we tell it like it is. We are seeking candidates who are 100% committed to progressing, so you’re either in or you’re out.
We expect to be oversubscribed for this gig. If you have a shadow of doubt about doing this work, please don’t apply. And no speculative applications please – we just don’t have the capacity to deal with queries if you’re not 100% sure if this is for you.
Applications will be processed and positions offered on a first-in-first-served basis so please do not delay your application. We hate it as much as you do when you miss out on work.
Apply below and we’ll be in touch.
The only place to ask any questions about this gig in our Facebook Group – facebook.com/groups/TheAustralianNurse
(Please don’t call, email, IM, DM, PM, SMS or live chat us about this gig. We’re busy processing applications and interviewing nurses for the roles).
We will update this page, and we will update the post in our FB group and turn off commenting when the roles are filled, so there is no need to ask if there are still roles available. 🙂
There are 3 things you need to do.
1) Register your interest below by answering the questions via the link below that says ‘APPLY HERE NOW
2) You must have a uPaged profile for this role. Register at www.app.upaged.com/practitioner/registration
Your profile does not need to be 100% complete, however, you must:
– complete the work experience section and upload your resume
– add your AHPRA registration details
– complete the section with your personal details so you can get paid.
3) Once you have done that, we will contact you by email to book in for a one-on-one interview with uPaged. You will need 15 minutes for this interview.
We will then put your forward to Medibank. After this, Medibank will contact you to book in for another interview and briefing to ensure you are a great match for the role.
We expect to be oversubscribed for these gigs so we ask for your patience and consideration while we process applications.
If you can jump in and help on these gigs, you’re a legend. uPaged nurses who have worked with this client before recommend the gigs as a steep learning curve, but a great experience, sometimes in high-pressure situations for the callers.