About the role:
We’ve been working with this Specialist GP Clinic client for a while now, and the uPaged nurses who work with this group highly recommend this gig.
There is a lot to love … family-friendly hours and short shifts available, a Monday to Friday work week, and a high energy, enthusiastic and really engaged and super supportive team who love what they do, who just so happen to be committed to your success in the role too.
This clinic hires for attitude over experience, so if you don’t have any respiratory experience, but you are good with a steth, competent, confident and quick and super keen to get in this line of work, they’d love to train you. Full PPE and COVID-19 precautions are in place.
You are an RN2 and above who:
- can commit to at least 11 hours or 2 shifts a week (the more, the better)
- has at least 1-2 full-time equivalent years of clinical nursing experience as an RN – this is a must. Sorry – no new grads or newly AHPRA-registered nurses. ED, ICU, HDU, Paediatrics, Respiratory or GP nursing experience will be highly regarded but experience in other specialties will absolutely be considered.
- is agile and confident in your ability to run a full respiratory clinic, as work will involve patient and respiratory assessments (yes, with your steth 🩺 !). You’ll also do some telehealth, COVID-19 testing, interventions, and more.
- is enthusiastic, energetic, a great team player, fast learner, and a quick worker,
- is able to work autonomously, as well as part of a fast-paced and dynamic team.
- You can choose from 2, 3, 4 or 5 shifts a week
- Shifts typically start at 8:00 am and are 5.5 or 10 hours each
- Monday to Friday only. (Yay – no weekends)
- While ideal candidates will have full-time availability and can work a 37.5 hour week, those who can work upwards of 2 shifts a week are welcomed
ASAP (the sooner you can start, the better 🙂)
- You must be AHPRA registered with no conditions, reprimands or undertakings
- You must be an RN2 or higher. This means you have at least 1 year full-time equivalent (FTE) experience that you have gained since graduating. (Clinical placements do not count as FTE experience)
- You must be able to provide evidence of this experience. (Please ensure your uPaged profile has months and years for each element of work experience that you have)
- You must have a current Working With Children Check (WWCC)
You’ll need a confident approach and be able to competently and comprehensively handover to doctors
Steph, uPaged Nurse Onboarding Specialist, is your point person at email@example.com or call on 0480 028 835 or you can live chat here during normal business hours.